Community-focused healthcare providers team up with supermarket chains and heart friendly brands to fight America’s number one killer.
Heart disease remains the number one killer of men and women in America. According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the disease is responsible for about 500,000 deaths in a typical year.
HeadsUp on Heart Disease is an annual, multi-media campaign led by forward-thinking, healthcare providers:
All are leaders in cardiac care who are committed to fostering a better understanding of the disease and the steps needed to guard against it in the communities they serve.
The value of this award-winning program is that it addresses the disease and preventive measures in a simple, engaging, highly visible way. The two key components of the campaign are:
- a TV cooking show, featuring popular chef, Paul Dillon and cardiac specialists preparing heart healthy recipes and offering preventive tips.
- a booklet filled with information about the disease and prevention, heart friendly recipes and coupons from supporting brands.
The healthcare providers partner with each other, heart friendly brands and supermarket chains in order to be able to reach large numbers of people with the campaign cost effective.
Supporting brands contribute to the program by:
- providing high-value coupon offers for the booklet.
- advertise in the booklet and on the TV shows.
Supermarket chains participate by:
- distributing the HeadsUp on Heart Disease booklet FREE.
- advertising the program in their circulars and on their Websites.
We appreciate the support of these brands and supermarket chains, and encourage you to find out more about them.
Do you have a high-risk waistline?Tune in to find out. That's CN8, The Comcast Network on Friday, February 11, 2005, 6:00 p.m./EST and again on Friday, February 18, 2005, 6:00 p.m./EST for the two-part series, “Paul Dillon Cooks with the Cardiologists.”
Download Quicktime preview from Part 1 and Part 2.
Don't have Comcast? CN8's programming can be seen on the CN8 Live link at www.cn8.tv.
©Copyright 2004-2005 Melk Marketing Services, Inc.
HeadsUp on Heart Disease, including the up arrow design, is a registered trademark of Melk Marketing Services, Inc.
Website developed by Melk Marketing Services, Inc.